Saturday, July 7, 2012

To South Manito Island and anchorage July 4th

We left Frankfort - not a breeze rippling the water. Motored 99% of the way - tried to sail but lost wind in a hurry. South Manito Island is a state park. The cove we anchored in is deep until you get with in 10' of shore then it shallows out fast. The water is crystal clear, no vegetation or fish. Tom took a swim- I tried, got my legs wet but just could not let go of the ladder, afraid that I could not get back into the boat. 
Map of area

Lighthouse



This bird was swimming with her babies all spread out. They
heard me come on deck and the skittered lickety split onto Mamma
When one fell off another climbed on.
I believe they are Common Merganser




you can see how close to shore we are and how shallow it is
sun setting and it is cooling off
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment