Thursday, July 26, 2012

Part one day 28 - leaving Jefferson Beach across Lake St. Clair to Detroit River

Thursday July 26th - this is our 28th day out
We woke to rain, hard rain but decided that we would chance leaving anyway. Weather outlook had the storms traveling east and south so we thought we could keep them ahead of us. As you can see the skies were not the friendliest but what is a little water on a sail boat.  We did get a little rain in lake St Clair, but is was short lived.  We quickly crossed to the Detroit River. This was a little nostalgic for me. I have found memories of Belle Isle and down town Detroit but I have never traveled on the river. Well that is not exactly correct as I rode the Boblo Island boat once when I was a kid.  
This is the first part of the trip - we did take the right fork in the river around Belle Isle. Even though there were heavy gray clouds I did get so good pictures.
Leaving Jefferson Beach Marina


Tom plotting our course


navigation markers to Detroit river



Detroit in the mist


Lighthouse on Belle Isle
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment