Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Monday night in Frankfort July 2nd +

Hello - well right in front of our marina is the city park where a  traveling amusement company was in full swing. Surprisingly it was not all that loud. We had a good time people watching. One of the attractions was a 73 year old woman that climb this tall pole contraption and did various poses. Yes 73- I don't think that is high on my list to try when I reach her age. What was exciting is she worked with out a net, and would sway the pole back and forth.

At 4:15 am - yep I looked at the time - the wind really picked up rocking us in the slip- then rain, lightening but no thunder - the sound of the wind in the shrouds drowned it out. Tom went out and re-did our spring line and we settled some.

7am Tom left with the propane tank to get it fix. There is a bus/taxi service that drove him to the place 7+ miles up the road. Tank valve was not broke, and after an inspection, they filled the tank. Now it is raining again - the Bus/taxi won't let him on with the filled tank. Tom walked back - he said the last mile was up hill and curvy and he was not all that pleased with the Bus driver. I fixed him a hot breakfast, and he is taking a nap while I am here in the Library - we are staying another day in Frankfort.

Fair winds and following seas

rain on our prism








my orchid bloomed  :)

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. I love your picture of the carnival, the lights look neat reflected on the water. ~Meggie

    ReplyDelete