Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Lake Ontario and Little Sodus Bay 8-14

Tom and I took a walk to the beach after dinner and watch a beautiful sunset. The West Barrier Bar really is not a beach with sand but rocks, millions of smooth rocks of all different sizes and colors. Tom has a worry that I will turn the boat into The Long, Long Trailer  a novel by Clinton Twiss from 1951 about a couple who buy a new travel trailer home and spend a year traveling across the United States.
The novel was made into a movie in 1954 starring Lucille Ball and Desi Arnaz.  Meghan will soon be receiving the first of many boxes of rocks. I hope by  the time we tire of this adventure I will have an ample supply to make a rock garden.  Since I am limited to how many I can pick up I took some photographs of some unusal collections and then played around with Photo shop. 
 We are planning to stay here for the week, Our mast will come down on Friday. Looks like there will be three to four masts on the truck to Hop-O-Nose. 
Fair Winds, not to sure about the following seas anymore.
Sun setting on Lake Ontario









Fair Haven marina from land
West Barrier Bar of Little Sodus Bay on the south shore of Lake Ontario, one of the last undeveloped public barrier bar beaches on the south side of the lake.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment