Friday, January 4, 2013

Odds and Ends from January 1st to January 3rd



January 1st to January 3rd - some catching up
We stayed at Las Olas Marina waiting for word on Oliver's health (Patty and Dales Dog on S/V Nautical Dreamer) and a good weather window to start moving again. The weather went Pffffft - little or no wind-so on 1/3 we decided to take a drive down to Marathon in the Florida Keys to see friends Dotty and Has. 
Below are odds and end pictures of those days.
Just when I think I have seen everything, a boat with a porch.
The mega yachts around here are something else.

Mooring field for Marathon City Marina. I really liked this facility. Great dingy docks , large open meeting rooms, laundry, showers, I am pretty sure we will spend some time there.
view from the bridge going back to Fort Lauderdale

tale of the coconuts. I  picked up two when we visited Martin and Bridgett. Tom and I went to work removing the husk from one of them when we got home. Good thing it is not on film, it is not an easy task and one of us received a minor injury ( very prepared thanks to our new first aid kit from Meghan)  We did get fresh chewy coconut but this
one is going to be tossed with a note when we get to the Atlantic.  Anyone finds it let me know.

my latest finished cross stitch projects.

have to have a bird in the blog- this one sitting by Skye in Marathon

The blanket I got from collecting coke points- now I have to find a way to get it from Meghan

Dotty, Has and Tom

Tom working on the Fridge unit again

Dinner with friends.









No comments:

Post a Comment