Sunday, August 7, 2011

Sunday - bike ride around island

We woke to rain this Sunday morning, but it quickly blew over. We decided to rent bikes and take the only highway in america that no cars are allowed on. The bike comfort/mountain-only eight miles- suitable for all riding abilities so we are off. We make our first stop just after the first mile marker.







There are rock cairns along the beach. I did want to stop and make my own - but never got around to it.



Tom with bikes our second stop.

Our third stop British landing - a little longer this time.



break is over time to move on


This was a pond and large meadow that we past. 6 miles only tw

There are a lot of rock formations along the trail. This was the first one we came across.



Posted by PicasaThere were a lot of great rocks I could have collected to add to my collection. I was getting tired, contrary to what some people told me the trial is NOT flat. There are quite a few hills. Also my ablity to get started was not the most eleagant. I finally had an altercation with the pavement. There are several interesting sites Arch Rock, Mission Point, rock carins that you will have to imagine. Sorry I got on the bike and peddaled for all I was worth to get back. 

We still have not decided on our jaunt tomorrow - ta ta for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment