Monday, August 1, 2011

Charleviox to Petoskey - short run Monday


The sunset was spectacular in our little cove!






We woke early, I could hear all the birds on shore starting their day. I could not see any of them, but it reminded me of home and the wild life in my own back yard. Across the lake we watched the fog roll off the land and onto the lake. Glad we were on the side with no fog.


We hoisted the dingy back on deck and raised anchor saying good by to our quiet little piece of Lake Charleviox.  One of the minor inconveniences of the lake is the draw bridge to get out. Again we were arriving with twenty minuets wait before it opened again. The good thing was our slow meanderings around the lake allowed me to photogragh some of the sights.

Yes, they are Turkey Vultures, there were a dozen on the peak of the roof of only one house. It was an odd sight.



Ok, guessing these are blue-winged teal- but dang if I know. It seems they almost, but not quite match the pictures in my Michigan Birds Guide. If any one has a clue let me know

This is the Madelina and she was waiting for the bridge to open - I think she was the ghost ship in the fog.


More pictures of the garden house. Every frame I took revealed a wonderful profusions of flowers, stones, plants, shrubs; it has to be a great labor of love.

I think this is an American black duck ???





Finally we are released from the confines of Round lake.



This is the buoy in Little Traverse Bay

We got into our slip with no drama at all, we are next to large power boats that tower over us. In fact one has a crew of four scrubbing it down.



Tom walking in front of the clock tower. We took a stroll into town, went to West Marine and purchased additional charts for Northern Lake Michigan, ate lunch and headed back to our cosy quarters.

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. Every time I read your blog and look at the pictures, I can feel a little of the daily stress slip away. Keep up all the posting. Love to hear how your adventure is going.

    ReplyDelete