Monday, June 3, 2013

Road Trip to Tampa and St Petersburg, Pelicans

A little catching up ... Thursday we rented a car for the day and I convinced Tom to go in search of a knitting and needlepoint shops in Tampa Bay and St Petersburg. We took off with a few stops. one was to get that new Green Squiggly Garden hose that has been advertised. As a side note Tom loves it. It stows in a fraction of the space our large green garden hose took up and it does not kink. 
We found the first shop Knit 'n Knibble "knot your typical knitting store". The staff was great and I found some yarn to add to my stash, the knitting needles I wanted and some cards to put on my knitting projects.  Tom waited patiently. 
Off to St. Petersburg where unfortunately the shop I wanted was closed. We decided to go over to Treasure Island so I could get my beach walk in and find somewhere to have dinner.
On the beach - a good mile hike from the parking lot... I had fun watching the gulls and Pelicans. The Pelicans never retaliated no matter how relentless the gulls were. Some clouds were on the horizon so I hiked back to the car and we found a restaurant that turned out to be a disappointing meal.  Back at the boat we decided that the weather was going to finally break on Sunday. 
Friday Tom found a barber and got a much needed haircut.
Saturday we had our last night on the town ... a wonderful meal at Rusty Bellies. 
Water tank filled, rain pouring down in buckets we settled in for a good nights sleep and a new adventure on Sunday
Our route for our Road Trip
Add caption
yep the gulls land on their heads ... don't understand how
or why they expect the pelican to surrender their catch








it almost looks like it is smilling

A blue jay ??



Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment