Friday, March 13, 2015

Thursday, Diving

Thursday, diving day
Tom and I decided we would dive in the Bahamas with dive centers so that we could count on finding the "good" places to see. We saw several adds for Brendal's Dive Center and Tom talked to Brendal at Pineapples the first night we arrived. We called asked about rates and settled on the Reef Dive, beach lunch, feed stingray, package. We loaded our equipment on to the Golf Cart and headed around Black Sound to White Sound and the dive center. By 9:30 we were underway, a variety of people joining us on the adventure. Rum punch, or fruit punch was passed around as we motored to Manjack Cay and Elkhorn Coral reefs. Equipment on and in the water. As usual I float, 18 lbs and still floating, Brendal got some more weight and yep I finally got to the bottom and we started to see fantastic sights.
I wish I was really proficient in using my Go Pro. I did not get half of what I thought I was capturing on the camera. Oh well, one day I will return and just sit on the bottom and film on small part of this amazing world. We swam with sharks overhead. Tarpon, within feet, fish coming up you could touch them, coral in every shape and size. 
We went down 50' then back to the boat. We slowly got organized and we were headed for a beach and Stingray waiting for lunch. Our lunch was lobster, conch salad, fresh fish, regular salad and lots of water and punch. I walked the beach for treasures and around 3 we finally headed back home.
Tom and I had a fantastic time and will do this again, and again, and again.

an underwater selfie
Tom Waving hi as it try and sink
TJ taking a conch from its shell
for our salad
Tom petting a Sting Ray
Fan Coral Treasure find
The fish in Tom's bubbles is a shark
Getting ready to leave
They feel an odd soft buttery texture
Clyde my fish friend
Tom
Grouper

No comments:

Post a Comment