Friday, March 21, 2014

Scuba Diving Yeah!!

Our new Hobby is Scuba Diving. We have talked about it for a while, and finally in the right place at the right time. After some inquiries we decide to sigh up with Dive Key West for instruction. I had to take the full course and I am glad that I did. I needed to refresh my skills for emergency in a safe environment and a pool was perfect. Sarah my instructor was patient and helped me through the mast clearing procedure until I was comfortable with it. 
Tom and I bought 90% of what you need to dive. We have our on BC (bouncy Commentators,) assuages, computers, regulators, wet suits, masks and fins. Most of this equipment we purchased at Divers Direct. They have been great, helping us to choose what will work for us and very reasonable prices... but this is an expensive hobby to start. We decided not to buy tanks. One thing is we already are stuffed to the gills on the boat with the new equipment and the tanks would be over kill. We can rent them from any where that we would dive. 

I did great in my Pool dives and Tom got accustomed to his equipment in his refresher class... now for an Open Water Dive.
Sarah - the pool we used

Tom getting his gear together

My Gear

our dive boat

Iain in the blue cap - Dive Master
Jeremy in red shirt Boat Captain
Blue shirt woman is Alli our instructor
Can't sing her praises enough

we went out to two sights on the reef
one called Hay Stacks
the other
Western Sand Bow







finally giving the ok sign, Tom is by the Red ball
We can't take pictures during classes but
the Fish, coral - well lets say it will be
easy to get distracted
We do our last class dive on Sunday.... more to follow

No comments:

Post a Comment