Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Leaving New Bern, Morehead City NC

Tuesday 10/28
The temperature this morning was 44 degrees, I was not a happy camper, however I had the morning grumps to soon. It was still out side, sun shinning bright and hot in a blue forever sky. Not bad weather, Tom and I put on sweatshirts but no coats :) 
Then I received a message containing a smiling picture of my Granddaughter Laura, dressed up for her school photos.
Tom Merritt woke early to help cast off lines and off we went for a very pleasant day of traveling. All the Motor yachts slowed as they passed, no bumps or near bumps, bridge opened with out a protracted wait... we saw dolphins... Tom got to relax after he re-calibrated our auto pilot. 
This was a totally non-grumpy day
I could not believe the gathering of gulls all along the rivers


Bridge in New Bern 

Waterfront park in New Bern


This is how still the water was, great reflection of the bridge

someone building a fort ??


this house was so cool. Don't know if I could live with the color
but it was fun to see


Captain Tom made another great back in slip maneuver
We are here for the night 

No comments:

Post a Comment