Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Visit to San Antonio-- Wedding Plans

Thank heavens for the Helen Hall Library in League City Texas.. They have a fast internet connection and I can update the blog with out pulling my hair out. 

First a note on the Thermos Cooker .. I have made baked beans, chicken cacciatore, pork roast and barbecue pork short ribs.  I followed the advise from reviews, and I bring what ever is cooking up to a full boil then cook for 20 minutes. I also filled the pot half full with liquid. So far I have not been disappointed with the meals and neither has Tom. I can always thicken the sauce with a few minutes on the stove top and with the case of the Barbecue, we just had dipping sauce on the table.  

New Purchase this weekend.. Bose Ear phones with speaker... WOW they are comfortable. Tom, Meghan and Jennie already have a pair. I have been listening to Audible books while working on needlepoint or knitting and my earphones would not let me answer the phone unless I unplugged. It caused some frustrating moments. My new Bose  Ear Phones work like a charm... Highly recommend.

Now to the weekend. We set our Friday afternoon with rain on the horizon and soon found ourselves in a downpour with thunder and lightening all around. Glad I was in car and not in the boat, but we soon drove out of it and arrived to have dinner with Jennie and Josh. Saturday, Jennie and I were going to a Salon for hair do's and then to her florist, and then just girl stuff. Tom and Josh went to a Gun show and then the Alamo. We met back at their apartment for dinner and planned our Sunday fun.
There was a lightening blot there
finished the market bags for Jennie
new hair cut for me, possible hair style for Jennie
San Antonio River walk


I love all the flowers, and landscaping done
up and down the river walk area

Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment