Saturday, May 4, 2013

Leaving Michigan..... May 5th

Hello from West Michigan
We will be leaving on a bright note, the temperatures are in the 70's, sun shining the birds filling the air with twirps, peeps, cheeps and caws. My daffodils finally popped and we will miss the Poplar Tree fuzzy pollen. 
BUT
With a boat there is always a but....
Tom believes that our  new propeller is wrong, to be precise it is in the wrong direction so when we put the transmission in gear to move forward.... well we won't.  The boatyard where we are at will give us a definitive answer .... we think.... tomorrow. Or when we put it in the water and it really does go backwards- they won't be able to refute that evidence- Cool Hand will come out of the water and we will wait a few more days to have a new propeller installed the right way...

First Daffodil in yard
While I was in Michigan I went to my favorite craft, Needlework and Quilt shops. One trip with Sue was especially fun. Current knitting project is a Messenger back that I am going to line. I love the colors but found two materials that I like .... might have to make  two.
Supplies for new Bag
The importance of checking gauge ... If you only knit squares, triangles, or rectangles it really hasn't been a problem for me. If on the other hand I am knitting a tank top .... it is important. As you can see the general shape is correct but the bottom is a little hinky. As usual I have enough yarn to start over.  Going to make a gauge swatch first on all garments and patterns from now on. 
to is the Blue part, I hung it over a white Tank  top
This has to be the ultimate beach chair. . I watched him take
it down, it took over 15 minutes to pack up.
Not a boat thing.
Grand Haven City Park
Lake Michigan




sunset, Lake Michigan, Grand Haven
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment