Sunday, March 31, 2013

Wonderful things in Fort Myers

Tom is still shivering in Michigan while I've been shivering in Fort Myers. The weather has finally shifted, temperatures will climb to the 80's today. Spring break is also coming to an end and the locals can't wait. I have to admit I don't fathom waiting for 2 hours in traffic to cross the bridge and then circle around for hours to try and find a parking place to push and shove your way to the beach. Riva was stuck in that traffic on Friday when she came to pick me up to spend the day.  
One of my favorite places to explore when we are in a new location are tea rooms. Fort Myers is fortunate to have the Wisteria Tea Room and Cafe. They were very busy, however we were seated with in 15 minutes which gave us the opportunity to shop in their gift store. Riva and I enjoyed a Royal Tea and Bobbie the owner was a joy to meet. 
I also discovered two great things while visiting this shop. There is a web site called Tea Map they also have an app for I phone. http://www.teamap.com/tearooms/wisteria_tea_room___cafe_2819.html
You can find Tea rooms by zip code, but they also have recipes and tea reviews and information. 
The other is a bathroom freshener call Poo Pouri...
For boaters the aroma in a head can be an never ending battle. I have tried with limited success a great many products. The is a spray that you spay the bowl with before an "event" and it eliminates the order. REALLY!!!  I bought it as a joke but now I am a true believer and you can get it on Amazon if you can't find a local place to get it.
 http://poopourri.com/Aboutus.asp

Also by Riva's house there is an eagles nest so I have included those pictures. 
Next week I will get to take long walks on the beach with no spring breakers.
Bobbie Schwartz owner of Wisteria










Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment