Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Fall in Michigan and Knitting

Wednesday 10/16
an apology to everyone who gets an email there is a new post.  Honest when I checked in the Spring Lake Library there were photos.. what can I say. 
I love fall... I know there is plenty of color in Texas, all green with bright flowers everywhere, nevertheless there is something to be said for a crisp fall day the crunch crackle of leaves underfoot, a tang in the breeze, dancing colors twirling along streets, sidewalks, and air. This morning we woke to gray skies, light cold drizzle, wind pulling leaves from the trees filling the air with dancing fall colors.
It is finally fall temperatures here the rest of the week  falling to the 40's and 30's and the prospect of the first hard frost. Yippee
Of course by the time we leave I will be aching for warm sun and 80 degrees

Saturday (10/12) I went to Grand Rapids and the Fulton Street Market then just some wandering and general... I haunted the remember places that were part of everyday life before we left. I stopped at Schuler's books on 28th for Quiche, then wandered up and down Plainfield Ave perusing quilt shops. It was fun and while there are new buildings, most of the old ones are still there but rearranged. I renewed acquaintance with some vendors at the market and came home totes filled with goodies. 
new knitting project. I am making a Fair Isle Cardigan
for myself , this is the first sleeve


I love spotting the first leaf on a branch turning colors
I have discovered lots of animal tracks in the front yard


I can successfully knit a hat, that looks like a hat
However I need to find someone with a large head to
wear it  ;0

I love seeing the pine trees here filled with pine cones
lichen on the trees means the air around here
is clean.. a good sign

Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment